Saturday, September 1, 2007

photo: Black Bear

I have been back for over a week. I am just now looking over the few photos I took. This is one of my favorite. We were between Big Fork and Helena, just outside of Holland Lake. We were thinking about the 5.5 mile 2500 ft. climb ahead of us. It was mid morning. Jim had just ridden ahead out of sight. Amy and I looked over to the side of the road to see a black bear. It was growling at us. I think it was a mother. It was looking at a black bear cub in another tree. Amy wanted to stay to watch what was going to happen. I saw the mother start to climb down out of the tree. We could see that both mother and cub were very good tree climbers. I told Amy that I was going to leave right away. I am glad that Amy left the bears right away too.

1 comment:

20 henry said...

Rickson - don't know you, but thanks for getting Amy out of there!

Amy/Jim - keep on trucking (so to speak). It's great to hear about your progress - thanks for taking the time to let me live vicariously.